turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have unreimbursed partner expenses that need to go on Schedule E line 28B. Where in the interview do I put these? I do not see this addressed in the help forum.Thanks

Hi.  Last year my accountant did my taxes. They put auto expenses (that are not reimbursed on the partnership 1065) as an UPE, Unreimbursed Partner Expense on Schedule E line 28B.  Where do I enter this information in the interview and will it carry forward to the Passive Income and Loss section in Line 28?

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

I have unreimbursed partner expenses that need to go on Schedule E line 28B. Where in the interview do I put these? I do not see this addressed in the help forum.Thanks

Yes, unreimbursed partner expenses (UPE) relating to your partnership interests may be entered in the same section as the Schedule K-1. TurboTax will ask you about UPE (see screenshot below - click to enlarge), with follow-up entry at the end of the Schedule K-1 input.

The easiest way to locate this section of TurboTax is to use the Find box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Type in "schedule k-1", hit Enter, and click on "jump to schedule k-1" to go directly to beginning of this topic.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, unreimbursed partner expenses (UPE) relating to your partnership interests may be entered in the same section as the Schedule K-1. TurboTax will ask you about UPE (see screenshot below - click to enlarge), with follow-up entry at the end of the Schedule K-1 input.

The easiest way to locate this section of TurboTax is to use the Find box at the top right side of the TurboTax header. Type in "schedule k-1", hit Enter, and click on "jump to schedule k-1" to go directly to beginning of this topic.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

thanks!  I will give that a look when I get back to taxes.  I appreciate your help.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies