turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ms2

Final partnership return for CA (565) needs a statement with reason for termination. How do I attach that with efile?

I am filing Final 1065 (Federal) and 565 (CA) for my partnership using Turbo Tax Business 2017. During "Reviewing your Return", TT shows error to attach a statement with reason for termination. I have attached screenshot of the error. It is not showing me how to attach the statement though.

Also, as per FTB CA instructions I am supposed to attach a statement.

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2017/17_565bk.pdf

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Final partnership return for CA (565) needs a statement with reason for termination. How do I attach that with efile?

Yes, there is a blank statement form available in TurboTax Business using Forms Mode. However, you will need to file by mail in order to include this user-generated form.

Click the Forms icon in the TurboTax header. In the left column, click Open Form, then type in "miscellaneous statement." Click on the form to open it in the large window (Federal and State are the same). You can now type in the statement you need to include with your return.

This is a generic form that you can include with your final State tax return that you print, sign, and mail.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, there is a blank statement form available in TurboTax Business using Forms Mode. However, you will need to file by mail in order to include this user-generated form.

Click the Forms icon in the TurboTax header. In the left column, click Open Form, then type in "miscellaneous statement." Click on the form to open it in the large window (Federal and State are the same). You can now type in the statement you need to include with your return.

This is a generic form that you can include with your final State tax return that you print, sign, and mail.

ms2

Thank you for your answer. I am able to add statement. Is it possible that it is included in e-file. Also, looks like federal return doesn't need the statement. In case it can not be included in e-file for state return, can I e-file federal return and mail state return?

Appreciate any help with this.
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, if you are not required to file the statement with your Federal return, you can e-file Federal and mail in your State return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies