turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

But must I file a Copy 1 of my sole contractor's 1099 with the Oregon Dept. of Revenue?

Must sole proprietors file Copy 1 of 1099's with the Oregon Dept. of Revenue?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

But must I file a Copy 1 of my sole contractor's 1099 with the Oregon Dept. of Revenue?

Yes.  If you are the person who issued Form 1099-MISC to an employee(s), then Oregon Department of Revenue requires a copy as well.  The 1099-MISC must be filed electronically.  The deadline for reporting Box 7 income is January 31st.

However, if you are the person who received Form 1099-MISC, as an independent contractor, then you do not need to send a copy to the State of Oregon. 

Click here to visit the Businesses section of the Oregon Department of Revenue website.  Click the blue box on the right side of the page titled Take Me to iWire to establish your reporting account.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes.  If you are the person who issued Form 1099-MISC to an employee(s), then Oregon Department of Revenue requires a copy as well.  The 1099-MISC must be filed electronically.  The deadline for reporting Box 7 income is January 31st.

However, if you are the person who received Form 1099-MISC, as an independent contractor, then you do not need to send a copy to the State of Oregon. 

Click here to visit the Businesses section of the Oregon Department of Revenue website.  Click the blue box on the right side of the page titled Take Me to iWire to establish your reporting account.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies