turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I file Married Joint. Me and my husband each own and operate our own sole proprietor businesses - photography and drywall. Would we each qualify for the QBI deduction?

On our Federal 1040 we file married joint and we each enter in our own Schedule C for our own business.  We are not sure if only one business qualifies for QBI or both.  Looks the QBI takes into account both businesses, however were are just making sure this is correct.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR
Expert Alumni

I file Married Joint. Me and my husband each own and operate our own sole proprietor businesses - photography and drywall. Would we each qualify for the QBI deduction?

Yes, based on your description, both yours and your husband' businesses qualify for the Qualified Business Income Deduction.
Please see the following TurboTax FAQ that explains the Qualified Business Income Deduction in further detail. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7036528

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JulieR
Expert Alumni

Yes, based on your description, both yours and your husband' businesses qualify for the Qualified Business Income Deduction.
Please see the following TurboTax FAQ that explains the Qualified Business Income Deduction in further detail. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7036528

Thank you very much!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies