turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

With S corp state tax return do I sign federal form 1120S (fed return) that is to be included in the mailed forms?

The instructions that print out with the TurboTax return simply state to include the 1120S, it says nothing about signing it...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

With S corp state tax return do I sign federal form 1120S (fed return) that is to be included in the mailed forms?

No.  By signing the state return you are attesting to the fact that all forms and attachments are accurate.

Most state returns have similar language as noted below:

Under penalties of perjury, I declare I have examined this return, including all accompanying schedules and statements, and to the best of my knowledge and belief it is true, correct, and complete.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

No.  By signing the state return you are attesting to the fact that all forms and attachments are accurate.

Most state returns have similar language as noted below:

Under penalties of perjury, I declare I have examined this return, including all accompanying schedules and statements, and to the best of my knowledge and belief it is true, correct, and complete.

Sounds good but Im not so sure legally its that simple, "this return, including all accompanying schedules and statements"doesnt say anything about ANOTHER attached return, just those accompanying the one return. Maybe Im getting to detailed?

Yes you are. You will be fine.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies