BigBob77

Why does my hairstylist job show up as a buisness in the business section?

I was paid as a 1099 hairstylist and when I entered in the Personal section, it shows as a business in the Business section.  This does not seem correct, but wanted to check.

TomD8

When you're paid for your work with a 1099-MISC (instead of a W-2), the IRS considers you to be a self-employed "business."  That income is properly reported as business income.  The good news is that you can deduct your business expenses from that income.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

TomD8