turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I put the expenses for a 1099-MIS C from a online sales group? Thrive or Le-Vel Brans LLC?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

Where do I put the expenses for a 1099-MIS C from a online sales group? Thrive or Le-Vel Brans LLC?

You can report self-employment income and expenses on Schedule C in TurboTax.  For more information on reporting this income and expenses, see Self-Employment Taxes & Reporting Business Income and Deductions

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Sales "group"??? This matters. Are you the owner of a business? If so, are you the sole and only owner of this business? This matters big time for correct reporting of business income. So is the business I presume you own a:
Single member LLC?
Multi-Member LLC?
LLC that has filed IRS Form 8832 to be "treated like an S-Corp" for tax purposes?
An actual S-Corp?
A C-Corp?
This matters.

Sounds like those pyramid direct marketing things, like Amway.  Sch C for income and expenses.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Carl
Level 15

I'm not clear if they're dealing with one business they own, or two.

Thrive is one of those direct sales things that seem to be the fad and you can make some good money if youre the start of the pyramid and can get people to sell under you...most people fizzle out within a year.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

wow thanks for the information.
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

You can report self-employment income and expenses on Schedule C in TurboTax.  For more information on reporting this income and expenses, see Self-Employment Taxes & Reporting Business Income and Deductions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies