Where do I enter my child’s FFA expenses for their...

willven3

Where do I enter my child’s FFA expenses for their projects on their taxes. Their expenses exceed the 1099 misc income they earned from HLSR & their local FFA

Sold a pig, bought a new pig and a steer. Also received calf scramble purchase $$ towards steer
macuser_22

Per IRS Pub 225 page 79
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p225.pdf

4-H Club or FFA project.

4-H Club or FFA project.If an individual participates in a 4-H Club or National FFA Organization (FFA) project, any net income received from sales or prizes related to the project may be subject to income tax.

Report the net income as “Other income” on Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 8. If necessary, attach a statement showing the gross income and expenses.

The net in-come may not be subject to SE tax if the project is primarily for educational purposes and not for profit, and is completed by the individual under the rules and economic restrictions of the sponsoring 4-H or FFA organization. Such a project is generally not considered a trade or business. For information on the filing requirements and other tax information for dependents, see Pub. 929

Enter as "Less Common Income",
Miscellaneous Income,
Other reportable income
Any Other Taxable Income - YES,
Description - enter "4H or FFA project proceeds after expenses"
Enter - amount

You will need to print and mail the return to attach the income and expense statement..

macuser_22

BTW - that can only go on the child's own tax return - not yours.