Solved: Where do i enter 1099b information for an llc

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do i enter 1099b information for an llc

i had stock trading losses in a single member LLC account. where do I enter the 1099b information?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You would enter your 1099-B in the same investment sale section, as any personal investment sales. To enter within your return, search in the top right box for 1099-B and select the first Jump too link that results. 

The Single Member LLC is a disregarded entity for tax purposes and defaults to be taxed as it's single owner/member.  This means the IRS did not make a form for the LLC and you report the activity, as you would for yourself. Business activity is reported under self-employment, rental activity under rentals and investment activity under investment.  

This gives you the best of both worlds because you have a separate entity for legality but you don't have the added tax requirements.  Note: if your LLC has more than one member, then this does not apply.

See this info at the IRS here: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/single-member-limited-liability-compan...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You would enter your 1099-B in the same investment sale section, as any personal investment sales. To enter within your return, search in the top right box for 1099-B and select the first Jump too link that results. 

The Single Member LLC is a disregarded entity for tax purposes and defaults to be taxed as it's single owner/member.  This means the IRS did not make a form for the LLC and you report the activity, as you would for yourself. Business activity is reported under self-employment, rental activity under rentals and investment activity under investment.  

This gives you the best of both worlds because you have a separate entity for legality but you don't have the added tax requirements.  Note: if your LLC has more than one member, then this does not apply.

See this info at the IRS here: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/single-member-limited-liability-compan...

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings