turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

paezra

What software should i use for tax planning for a small corporation for next year?

how do i do tax planning for next year?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

What software should i use for tax planning for a small corporation for next year?

Intuit has business tax planning software that works with the QuickBooks data.  Tax Planner Pro is $499.00 per year.  The basis of any tax planning is your business accounts.  So the software gets data from your QuickBooks to calculate your income tax needs.

For a small business, just using QuickBooks without any planning app keeps you updated on estimated payments due.

There are many tax planning  apps that you try for free.  A good one for individual taxes planning is  TurboTax Caster.

I would recommend talking to a professional. tax planning software can only do so much.  with a Corporation there are other tax issues - registering for payroll taxes, taking an adequate salary, maybe put in a retirement plan, record keeping requirements.  do you have sufficient tax knowledge to properly prepare the corporate returns and handling of the flowthrough of income if it's an S-Corp?  another question that a pro can advise you on is should it be taxed as a C-Corp or S-corp. As an employee, does your state require the Corporation to carry workmen's compensation insurance.   There can be substantial penalties if required and you don't have it even though you are the only employee. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies