turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am using turbo tax business for an llc. The llc flipped a house during the year. How do I record that in turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

I am using turbo tax business for an llc. The llc flipped a house during the year. How do I record that in turbo tax?

Using TurboTax you will report the sale of your "flipped house" on From 4797 Sale of Business Property.

Search for 4797 in TurboTax and select Jump to sale of business property in the Top Questions results window.

Follow the program prompts to enter your property a;e information.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I don't understand the answer.  I don't see "Jump to sale of business property. "  Is that the same as selling business assets?
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

What version of TurboTax are you using ?

I am using Turbo Tax business.

I have the same question:  Multi-member buying and selling a home.  None of the "Business Income" categories seem to apply.  Are you saying that we should use "Business property/asset disposals"?
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

Using TurboTax you will report the sale of your "flipped house" on From 4797 Sale of Business Property.

Search for 4797 in TurboTax and select Jump to sale of business property in the Top Questions results window.

Follow the program prompts to enter your property a;e information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies