TurboTax is asking me to file a California Form 56...

Dude47

TurboTax is asking me to file a California Form 568 as non-resident nor conducting any business in CA

I did not reside in CA in 2019 at all. I have a trailing CA tax liability due to equity vesting thus the need to file a CA state return.

I have a non-operating LLC in AL. No LLC business is conducted in CA.

TurboTax is asking me to file a California Form 568, pay the $800 CA LLC licensing fee. I don't appear to have the option to disable this.

Surely I don't need to pay CA anything for my LLC activities since I neither resided in CA nor am I conducting business there. How do I get rid of CA Form 568 in my return?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Maybe I am using the wrong edition? I am using self-employed even though I have a full-time job and my AL LLC is just an occasional side hustle.

Dude47

To answer my own question. You have to go to Tax Tools on the lower left. Then click Tools. Then click Delete a Form, and then delete all the stuff that's not applicable to the CA state return.