turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax (H & B) makes me complete 2 separate K-1s if I have something on line 1 and line 2 of the K-1. What does this happen? I'm wondering if I am doing it correctly

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax (H & B) makes me complete 2 separate K-1s if I have something on line 1 and line 2 of the K-1. What does this happen? I'm wondering if I am doing it correctly

TurboTax has to treat the business income (box 1) and real estate income (box 2) differently and asks you to use two K-1 entry forms.

To do this:

1. Create the first K-1, entering the box 1 amount along with ALL the information EXCEPT BOX 2. 
  2. After you're finished entering the first K-1, you'll be returned to the K-1 summary screen.
  3. Click the box Add Another K-1. 
  4. On this K-1, enter ONLY the amount from Box 2.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do I do this for each state K-1?  I have Ala and Miss income taxes to do.  Their state forms are different than the TurboTax K-1.

@drainwaters for the state k-1s you ignore the federal k-1 and use the state specific k-1 numbers in the appropriate TurboTax state module. You don’t reenter another k-1, instead you tell the state what is different than the federal numbers.
I do my returns for Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, and Utah.  So if you’re have a different state, it might be different for you, but I don’t think so.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies