turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax business, LLC's partner who's disregarded entity (living trust), the TIN entered being flagged as invalid. Is this software error being worked on with a fix?

For LLC tax return, on schedule k-1 worksheet and schedule K-1 item H2, disregarded entity TIN for the living trust.  The federal review flagged the TIN as invalid.  How do we get rid of this error of the software?  Is there a fix coming or a work around for it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
M-MTax
Level 10

Turbo tax business, LLC's partner who's disregarded entity (living trust), the TIN entered being flagged as invalid. Is this software error being worked on with a fix?

Did you put in the TIN in the right way.....XX-XXXXXXX?

Anonymous
Not applicable

A disregarded entity of a LLC would not always be a xx-xxxxxxx format.  In many cases the DE is an individual and should be entered as xxx-xx-xxxx.  I believe this is a software error as several days ago this entry was NOT flagged as an error.  It just showed up today (not yesterday) for me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I went ahead and entered the individual's SSN in the XX-XXXXXXX format and the error went away.  Not great software as it should allow a DE TIN in either format as the DE can be a Trust or an individual; each with a different format.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies