Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sjz
Level 1

K-1 from Blackstone. How would I know the amount I should enter in the second line of Box 5 question if it is not listed on the K-1 I received? Interest from US Obligs?

TT asks for the dollar amount shown on the K-1 in Box 5.  I took the amount that was provided on my K-1.  The line directly below that ask "Interest from US Obligations in Box 5.  I don't see that separate amount on my K-1.  What do I put in this box?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

K-1 from Blackstone. How would I know the amount I should enter in the second line of Box 5 question if it is not listed on the K-1 I received? Interest from US Obligs?

There should be supporting statements with your K-1, if none of them mentions U.S. debt, don’t worry about it. Regardless, the only reason this amount is there at all is for state income tax purposes. It could potentially be a deduction on your state return.  Typically us debt obligations are state income tax exempt, but are not Federal Tax Exempt. So when listing your dividends or interest on a state return they wouldn’t be included or they would be deducted.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies