turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule C Bakery... I'm supposed to be entering the percent on line 7 of the schedule C that is from the business use of this home? I have no idea what this is

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Schedule C Bakery... I'm supposed to be entering the percent on line 7 of the schedule C that is from the business use of this home? I have no idea what this is

There is a limitation related to home office expenses and the income that was earned while using the home office (reported on Form 8829).  This question is gathering information to apply that limitation. 

The question is asking what percentage of your business gross income is attributed to work done in your home office. 

For example:  If all your work is done in your home office, enter 100 (for 100%).  But if you figure that one-fourth of your income is made on the road (or at other locations than your home office) and three-fourths of your income is made from your home office, enter 75 (for 75%).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

There is a limitation related to home office expenses and the income that was earned while using the home office (reported on Form 8829).  This question is gathering information to apply that limitation. 

The question is asking what percentage of your business gross income is attributed to work done in your home office. 

For example:  If all your work is done in your home office, enter 100 (for 100%).  But if you figure that one-fourth of your income is made on the road (or at other locations than your home office) and three-fourths of your income is made from your home office, enter 75 (for 75%).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies