Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I have an LLC now

Last year I used Home and Business. This year, it seems this package has been re-branded as Self-Employed. However, I have an LLC this year, and the literature indicates that I need to use TurboTax Business to file a 1065. However, TurboTax keeps steering me towards the Self-Employed product. How can I begin with the online TurboTax Business product? Or is there some other way to file a 1065 through the Self Employed product?
1 Reply
Intuit Alumni

I have an LLC now

There is a confusion with the type of business. A single member LLC usually defaults to a Sole Proprietorship which can be used with either Home and Business (desktop) or Self-Employed (online). If you are in a program that files a Schedule C, it will take you to that form.

If you have a partnership (Form 1065), you must use the Desktop Business program and do the personal portion on whichever product is appropriate.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies