andrea-numb3rs

The IRS is auditing me for line 24 on my schedule 1 form. What help should I get?

how do I correct an audit from 2018 for 1040 line 24?
Mike9241

are you sure? there is no line 24 on schedule 1 for 2019 or 2020.   2018?

follow the instructions in the notice otherwise, you can get help as follows

The Audit Defense service is provided by TaxResources, Inc., also called TaxAudit.com, in partnership with TurboTax. If you paid for Audit Defense and you received an IRS notice, call TaxResources, Inc. at 877-829-9695, or report your IRS notice on their web site at http://intuit.taxaudit.com/. Do not contact the IRS until you have spoken to TaxResources. They may contact the IRS on your behalf.

mesquitebean

@ andrea-numb3rs  asked:  "The IRS is auditing me for line 24 on my schedule 1 form. What help should I get? How do I correct an audit from 2018 for 1040 line 24?"

Line 24 of a 2018 Schedule 1 is "Certain business expenses of reservists, performing artists, and fee-basis government officials. Attach Form 2106."

So is that what the IRS is questioning, and what did they ask you to do?  Did your 2018 return also include the Form 2106?

If you did not purchase that optional Audit Defense product for 2018 that @ Mike9241 mentioned above, you could probably still hire that company for help, but they would charge you.   If you don't have Audit Defense, you can get free help with your IRS letter from TurboTax free Audit Support Center.   To get the phone number for free help at TurboTax, go to the link below, click the blue "Get Help" button, and follow the prompts.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/irs-notice/audit-support/

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Mon-Fri.

If you explain more about what the IRS is alleging and asking for, you may also get some suggestions in this user community forum.   But this is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info.