turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

larrybio899
Returning Member

Where can I see how the tax shown on line 11 of Schedule 1 (1040) was calculated?

In particular, I have almost $8000 of long-term capital gains and I want to confirm that the tax rate on this was 15%.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where can I see how the tax shown on line 11 of Schedule 1 (1040) was calculated?

6 Replies

line 11 of Schedule 1 is Alimony, do you mean line 13?

If you're talking about how your tax is figured when you have capital gains, the calculation is on your Schedule D Tax Worksheet.

larrybio899
Returning Member

On my Schedule 1 Page 2, which is the bottom half of page 1, line 11 is "tax (see inst.)."  I do not see a line on the one page of 1040 for Alimony and I am to paying any alimony.  I'm also surprised that Form 1040 is only one page.

It's on line 11 of the Form 1040--it's figured on your Schedule D Tax Worksheet, which you'll have to pay for and print if you're in the online version.

If you're using the desktop version, it's on the left-hand side menu when you're in the Forms side.

larrybio899
Returning Member

Thanks for your helpful comment.  I purchased Turbo Tax Premier. When I print out my IRS tax form, is there something I need to do to include the worksheets in the printout?  The last time I printed it, it did not include any worksheets to "keep for my records" but I've seen worksheets printed out other times.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies