Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mj_fla

I changed my LLC to an S-Corp Election in 2016. How do I account for the change and file taxes now? I used to do a schedule C but that's not applicable now...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMc

I changed my LLC to an S-Corp Election in 2016. How do I account for the change and file taxes now? I used to do a schedule C but that's not applicable now...

You must now file the LLC's income and expenses using Form 1120S. This can be done using TurboTax Business (Windows Only).

When you prepare the Form 1120S, you will generate a Schedule K-1 for each member of the LLC. These must be distributed to each member timely, so that the pass through items can be included in their individual income tax returns.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelMc

You must now file the LLC's income and expenses using Form 1120S. This can be done using TurboTax Business (Windows Only).

When you prepare the Form 1120S, you will generate a Schedule K-1 for each member of the LLC. These must be distributed to each member timely, so that the pass through items can be included in their individual income tax returns.

mj_fla

Thank you!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies