turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rjksdk01

On my schedule K for my IRA I have Unrelated Business Income exceeding $1000. It appears I need to file Form 990-T. Does anyone have any advice on this issue?

this is regarding my personal IRA.

Box 20 V shows a negative Unrelated business taxable income

Box 20 Z1 shows a positive Unrelated Business Gross Income

I am using Turbo Tax Premier

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

On my schedule K for my IRA I have Unrelated Business Income exceeding $1000. It appears I need to file Form 990-T. Does anyone have any advice on this issue?

Your IRA would be the taxpayer that files the 990-T. Did you ask your financial advisor if this service was being performed on your behalf? UBIT returns are often the responsibility of the custodians, or, at the least, are handled by them.

Netted together, is it under $1000?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Your IRA would be the taxpayer that files the 990-T. Did you ask your financial advisor if this service was being performed on your behalf? UBIT returns are often the responsibility of the custodians, or, at the least, are handled by them.

Netted together, is it under $1000?

rjksdk01

Thank you very much for the quick response.
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

No problem at all!
amnerg73
Returning Member

Do you know how long this has been the case that custodians take on the responsibility of filing? I thought it was only until 2018 that the IRS mandated IRA custodians file 990-T's. 

If you could provide any resource that would be great.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies