turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a home office and a studio office in NYC. Do I have to fill out a New York City Partnership Unincorporated Business Tax Return?

I have a home office in Brooklyn, NY and started renting an office space in New York City; it's a studio for entertainment (video show). 50% work is done in the Home Office and 50% in the City.

Do I have to fill out a NYC 204 Form; New York City Partnership Unincorporated Business Tax Return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a home office and a studio office in NYC. Do I have to fill out a New York City Partnership Unincorporated Business Tax Return?

Not if you are single member LLC or have gross income less than $95,000

Here is the language:

For purposes of this form, “partnerships” include syndicates, groups, pools, joint ventures, limited liability companies (other than singlemember LLCs)

and has a total gross income from all business regardless of where carried on of more than $95,000

For more information, follow this link:

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/finance/downloads/pdf/16pdf/business_tax_forms/nyc-204-instr_2016.pdf

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Not if you are single member LLC or have gross income less than $95,000

Here is the language:

For purposes of this form, “partnerships” include syndicates, groups, pools, joint ventures, limited liability companies (other than singlemember LLCs)

and has a total gross income from all business regardless of where carried on of more than $95,000

For more information, follow this link:

http://www1.nyc.gov/assets/finance/downloads/pdf/16pdf/business_tax_forms/nyc-204-instr_2016.pdf

Thank you for your response. I have a multiple partners LLC; however the amount made is less than $95k; does this change your answer?

no, as long as you made less than $95,000, you don't need to file

Thank yo so much; can I request a refund for the form?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies