cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Where is Schedule A form? I file MFJ. 1040 Line 8 shows greater than $24,000 standard deduction. Forms mode shows calc worksheets, but no Schedule A.

In "Print and Save Your Tax Return"  and "All Official Forms Required for Filing", Schedule A is not listed.  Also, under "Specific Forms", there is no Schedule A listed.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

Where is Schedule A form? I file MFJ. 1040 Line 8 shows greater than $24,000 standard deduction. Forms mode shows calc worksheets, but no Schedule A.

Go to Forms.  Above the lost of Forms on the left, choose Open Form.  Enter Schedule A in the box asking for Form name.  click on the Schedule A below.  Look at the Schedule A to see what the totals look like.  The Schedule A is not part of your return because the total does not exceed your Standard Deduction, which can be larger if you are over 65 or blind.

2 Replies
Level 1

Go to Forms.  Above the lost of Forms on the left, choose Open Form.  Enter Schedule A in the box asking for Form name.  click on the Schedule A below.  Look at the Schedule A to see what the totals look like.  The Schedule A is not part of your return because the total does not exceed your Standard Deduction, which can be larger if you are over 65 or blind.

Highlighted
Level 1

Thank you!   Both parts of your answer helped.  "Over 65" was the key.  Line 8 on 1040 shows the correct number ($26,600), but the Std Deduction Worksheet does not show the additional $2,600 on line 3b or show the $26,600 total on line 3c.   Thanks for your help!