Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dkafka

Where is Schedule A form? I file MFJ. 1040 Line 8 shows greater than $24,000 standard deduction. Forms mode shows calc worksheets, but no Schedule A.

In "Print and Save Your Tax Return"  and "All Official Forms Required for Filing", Schedule A is not listed.  Also, under "Specific Forms", there is no Schedule A listed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Where is Schedule A form? I file MFJ. 1040 Line 8 shows greater than $24,000 standard deduction. Forms mode shows calc worksheets, but no Schedule A.

Go to Forms.  Above the lost of Forms on the left, choose Open Form.  Enter Schedule A in the box asking for Form name.  click on the Schedule A below.  Look at the Schedule A to see what the totals look like.  The Schedule A is not part of your return because the total does not exceed your Standard Deduction, which can be larger if you are over 65 or blind.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anita01

Go to Forms.  Above the lost of Forms on the left, choose Open Form.  Enter Schedule A in the box asking for Form name.  click on the Schedule A below.  Look at the Schedule A to see what the totals look like.  The Schedule A is not part of your return because the total does not exceed your Standard Deduction, which can be larger if you are over 65 or blind.

dkafka

Thank you!   Both parts of your answer helped.  "Over 65" was the key.  Line 8 on 1040 shows the correct number ($26,600), but the Std Deduction Worksheet does not show the additional $2,600 on line 3b or show the $26,600 total on line 3c.   Thanks for your help!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies