turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will TurboTax Deluxe transfer data toTurboTax Business as I am now a self employed realtor?

I have used Turbo Tax Deluxe for the past 4 years. In 2018 I obtained a Realtors license and have school and business expenses as well as one commission closing.  Do I need to use Turbo Tax Business or will Deluxe work for 2018?  If I switch to Business will my data from Deluxe 2017 transfer to this program?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Will TurboTax Deluxe transfer data toTurboTax Business as I am now a self employed realtor?

STOP ... if you are NOT incorporated then you do not need to use any other program ... the downloaded  Deluxe will still work if you are a Sole Proprietor filing a Sch C. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

STOP ... if you are NOT incorporated then you do not need to use any other program ... the downloaded  Deluxe will still work if you are a Sole Proprietor filing a Sch C. 

When using Turbo Tax Deluxe for 2020, the information from Schedule C from Turbo Tax  Deuxe Schedule C  2019 did not transfer over as well as previous depreciation on  vehicle.  I am a sole proprietor .  Is there some way to correct this?

If you used the Desktop program last year, see if you have another .tax2019 file on your computer.  

Or maybe last year you marked the Schedule C as FINAL in Turbo Tax?

Here's an idea.  Do you still have 2019 installed?  Try opening 2019 program and see if you can get your 2019 return to show up in it.  Go to FILE - OPEN.  And see if your schedule C is in it and if it's marked as finally disposed.  Or any Assets were disposed or sold.

Then save it again with a name and place you can find.  Go to File - Save As.  Then start a new 2020 return and transfer from the 2019 file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies