cindycguerra

Started an S-Corp in 2017 with no income, do I need to file 1120s and K-1s for 2017?

My husband and I began an S-Corp in 2017 with each of us being a 50% shareholder. We had minimal expenses and no income. Do we need to file an 1120s and give ourselves K-1s for 2017 or do we wait until we make income (possibly in 2018) to report the expenses on a 1120s?

Thanks in advance!

WillK

The IRS will be looking for the S-corporation return to be filed for 2017. Even though you did not have any income, you do have expenses to report, which will carry over to your K-1's. 

WillK