turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ahgross

Shutdown LLC wife&I ran. 0 income. Used K-1 on personal taxes & got Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships Box 20 Code Z selected but no Section 199A income on Statement A. What to do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Shutdown LLC wife&I ran. 0 income. Used K-1 on personal taxes & got Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships Box 20 Code Z selected but no Section 199A income on Statement A. What to do?

No business income, no 199a on your k-1. Are you trying to figure out why QBI is popping up? You could have sec 199a dividends from your broker.

Could you reply and clarify your question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
herbburbank
Returning Member

How do you know if you have 199a dividends

herbburbank
Returning Member

How do you know if you have 199A dividends  ???

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Section 199A (or "REIT") dividends are reported to you on either a Form 1099-DIV or a Schedule K-1 you received.

If from a Form 1099-DIV, box 5 on 1099-DIV is for "qualified REIT dividends paid by a REIT or section 199A dividends paid by a RIC".  If these came from an RIC, they are a pass-through of qualified REIT dividends received by the RIC as a conduit.  To find the TurboTax Business section to enter the 1099-DIV box 5 Section 199A dividends, click the "magnifying glass Search" icon on the top row, enter "dividend income" in the search window and press return or enter, and then click on the "Jump to dividend income" link.  That page will have a "box" for your Section 199A dividends from box 5 of your 1099-DIV.

If from a Schedule K-1, the REIT dividends will be reported on the Section 199A Statement or STMT that is associated with your K-1 box 20 code Z (partnership)/box 17 code V (S Corp)/box 14 Code I (trust).  If from a K-1, you'll enter these Section 199A dividends on the screen where you enter your Section 199A statement amounts.  You get that screen (see below) when you Continue after entering your box 20 code Z/box 17 code V/box 14 code I.  To get back to the K-1 summary screen and find the Schedule K-1 to edit, click the "magnifying glass Search" icon on the top row, enter "k-1" in the search window and press return or enter, and then click on the "Jump to k-1" link to find the K-1 you need to edit.

@herbburbank

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies