turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

schedule c form 1099 misc

I have received a 1099 misc.  for 2019 that includes income that I have already  declared in 2018.  I am on a accrual accounting  method and declared the majority of the 1099 income in 2018  because it was  invoiced in 2018. The 1099 is correct as it reflects the money  that was paid to me  in 2019.  how do I adjust for this income discrepancy on my schedule C.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MinhT1
Expert Alumni

If you used accrual accounting, you do not need to enter your 1099-MISC. The IRS does not require that you enter forms 1099-MISC individually. You can report income from your books of accounts.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your answer.

Let me see if I can better explain,

I have received a 1099 for approx..  27,000.  the amount is correct but it includes 17,000 that I already included as income with my 2018 return (accrual accounting,  invoiced in 2018).

My total  sch. C income for 2019  on my booking is approx. 10,000.  The amount reported to the IRS on the 1099 is 27,000.  If I were to submit my sch. C to the IRS showing the 10000 I believe it would create a inquiry form the IRS to explain the 17,000  the discrepancy.  Is there a way on the sch. C to explain and adjust the 17000 discrepancy so that my return will not create an inquiry/ audit.

Report all your income including the full amount on the 1099Misc .  Then enter a misc Other Expense for income received but reported on 2018 return.  Simple.

Thank You! That makes sense but I was not sure where to make the adjustment. Thanks again! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies