turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sushiboy

Sch C Wks (Casual Clothing) -- Form 568, p 3-5: Depreciation and amortization should be left blank if none. Do not enter zero. But I can't leave blankit reverts back to 0

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sch C Wks (Casual Clothing) -- Form 568, p 3-5: Depreciation and amortization should be left blank if none. Do not enter zero. But I can't leave blankit reverts back to 0

Same problem here.  Spent hours on the phone with different reps.  None of them can explain it but then they dump you into a black hole or forward you to talk to a Tax Expert for $90.  No thank you.  TurbuTax, please just fix this problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This appears to be a TurboTax error, and a blocking error that will prevent many filers from completing their return.

If you entered Assets in your 1040 Sch. C, which happen to add up to zero depreciation, this information passes the Federal review and is imported into the state return.

Turbotax *automatically* adds that zero total to Form 568 line 17a.  During state review, you are advised that zero is not permitted *even though Turbotax added it*.  Furthermore, Turbotax disabled the field you need to change in that review and correction process, and further denies any attempt to remove the zero from that blank (contradicting their explicit instructions).

This is a big problem that TurboTax must solve or it will wreck filing for many affected customers.

yupyup

having the same problem, very annoying

Carl
Level 15

This is just a wild guess based on no facts. But it "sounds" like you mistakenly entered inventory as an asset. Then realizing your error before you completed the asset entry process, you dumped out of that part of the program - thus leaving an incomplete asset entry.

So go to the Business Assets section and if there's an asset listed on the asset summary screen that shouldn't be there, click the Delete button to the right of it and delete it.

If that's not it, let me know and I have one more thing to check and try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"This is just a wild guess based on no facts. But it "sounds" like you mistakenly entered inventory as an asset. Then realizing your error before you completed the asset entry process, you dumped out of that part of the program - thus leaving an incomplete asset entry."

No, that did not happen.

I spent almost eight hours on the phone with various techs, support people, etc. from TurboTax.  None of them could figure it out, and all agreed that at minimum there is a problem in the check phase which should not demand that you remove an entry that you are prohibited from changing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies