turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have input everything into Turbo Tax premium but now need to input a 1041 and it says I need the Turbo Tax Business....Will I loose what I have already input?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have input everything into Turbo Tax premium but now need to input a 1041 and it says I need the Turbo Tax Business....Will I loose what I have already input?

If you need to input a K-1 (Form 1041) that you received from an estate or trust, then you simply need to enter the information from the K-1 into TurboTax Premier.

On the other hand, in order to prepare a 1041 for an estate or trust, and the associated K-1(s), you will need to purchase a copy of TurboTax Business as well as a personal income tax preparation product (see note below). 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

Note: TurboTax Business must be installed and run in a Windows environment; it is not available as an online product nor will it run natively on a Mac. Further, you still need a TurboTax personal income tax preparation product since TurboTax Business is not capable of preparing individual income tax returns (it can only prepare returns for entities).

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you need to input a K-1 (Form 1041) that you received from an estate or trust, then you simply need to enter the information from the K-1 into TurboTax Premier.

On the other hand, in order to prepare a 1041 for an estate or trust, and the associated K-1(s), you will need to purchase a copy of TurboTax Business as well as a personal income tax preparation product (see note below). 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

Note: TurboTax Business must be installed and run in a Windows environment; it is not available as an online product nor will it run natively on a Mac. Further, you still need a TurboTax personal income tax preparation product since TurboTax Business is not capable of preparing individual income tax returns (it can only prepare returns for entities).

lovekfs10

Everything will transfer over what you already input

Not from a personal version to the Business program.
lovekfs10

When I start in 2015 My taxes form from my W2 transfer over to my home and business program

Right.  Home & Business is for personal returns.  
There is also a separate program (Turbo Tax Business) for 1065 Partnership and 1120 Corp. returns.  You can't transfer from a personal return into the separate Business program.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies