turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I know if my schedule C ties to both my w-2 (statutory employee) as well as my 1099-MISC??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Patrice

How do I know if my schedule C ties to both my w-2 (statutory employee) as well as my 1099-MISC??

Return to the area where you entered your W-2.  Click the "edit" button next to your W-2 that has the statutory employee box checked to review your entries.  Say yes to the screen that asks if you have any expenses related to the statutory employee W-2.  You'll see a screen titled "Which Schedule C?".  This will show which Schedule C that the W2 is currently linked to.

Next, you can type "Schedule C" in the search box in the upper right corner. Click "Jump to Schedule C".  Locate the Schedule C you are looking for and click "edit".  In the Business Income section click update and then click update next to "1099-MISC income" follow the remaining prompts and verify that this is the 1099-MISC that you want linked to the Schedule C.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Patrice

Return to the area where you entered your W-2.  Click the "edit" button next to your W-2 that has the statutory employee box checked to review your entries.  Say yes to the screen that asks if you have any expenses related to the statutory employee W-2.  You'll see a screen titled "Which Schedule C?".  This will show which Schedule C that the W2 is currently linked to.

Next, you can type "Schedule C" in the search box in the upper right corner. Click "Jump to Schedule C".  Locate the Schedule C you are looking for and click "edit".  In the Business Income section click update and then click update next to "1099-MISC income" follow the remaining prompts and verify that this is the 1099-MISC that you want linked to the Schedule C.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies