Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I enter schedule c write offs

I'm an employee not self employed, where do I enter totals for write offs on expenses paid and per diem totals write off
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Employees use Form 2106. However, for 2018 returns, 2106 will be used Only by Armed Forces reservists, qualified performing artists, fee-basis state or local government officials, and employees with impairment-related work expenses. Due to the suspension of miscellaneous itemized deductions subject to the 2% floor under section 67(a), employees who do not fit into one of the listed categories may not use Form 2106. https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-2106 

cssebeertim wrote:
I'm an employee not self employed, where do I enter totals for write offs on expenses paid and per diem totals write off

Other than the situations Rainman listed above (and in the FAQ below), while employee job expenses may no longer be deductible on a Federal return, in a very few states they may still be deductible on a state return, subject to the 2% rule.    If your state allows them, then when you enter them on the Federal side, the Federal return "should" ignore them, while they "should" still transfer to your state return if they are qualified to be deducted in your state and together with any other "miscellaneous itemized deductions" allowed in your state meet the 2% rule.

FAQ:  Can employees deduct any job-related expenses?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/credits-and-deductions/help/can-employees-deduct-any-job-related-e...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies