turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I find a list of the attachments required for my state return (PA)? The Turbotax summary sheet says I need to submit required attachments without listing them

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Where can I find a list of the attachments required for my state return (PA)? The Turbotax summary sheet says I need to submit required attachments without listing them

The only time you need to send in additional documents when your return is electronically filed would be if you had PA tax withholding on those forms or if there are issues with the amounts reported on your tax return versus what is reported on the actual tax form.  Please see the excerpt below for more details.

PA forms

You will mail your supporting documents to the address in the following link.

PA supporting documentation address

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the quick reply. Does the same apply for PA returns submitted by mail? Somewhere along the filing process, Turbotax required me to file by mail versus electronically.   

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, it would be very similar.  Here is a list for items that need to be included when mailing your return in.

Mailed PA return attachments

hcpusrthcp
Returning Member

Where do I fine a list of the documents required to file a Pennsylvania Tax return?

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

TurboTax will tell you what attachments are needed with filing your Pennsylvania income tax return.

If you are filing online, TurboTax will ask you to upload or send any required forms. If you are filing by mail, the cover sheet will provide instructions.

PA says, if you are mailing your return, include photocopies of your Form(s) W-2 (be sure the information is legible), or your actual Form(s) W-2.

Include a statement to list and total your other taxable compensation. You must submit photocopies of your Form(s) 1099-R, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC and other statements that show other compensation and any PA tax withheld.

All other required documents, including federal schedules (where
the instructions allow the use of federal schedules), that explain the
information you entered

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies