turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax Deluxe 2019 Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization Report Date in Service Anomaly

When I entered 2019 Section 179 Election Deductions and went back to review my Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization Report. All of the entries in the  Date in Service column defaulted to xx/xx/20. In other words, the day and date were correct, but instead of the year the assets went into service they ALL showed 2020! However, when I saved the file, closed Turbotax Deluxe 2019 and reran the program, all of the Date in Service entries then were correct in that they reflected the ACTUAL dates in service. Just an FYI!! Perhaps Intuit can look into this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Turbotax Deluxe 2019 Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization Report Date in Service Anomaly

That is because the program is NOT fully functional yet ... if you click on the REVIEW tab the forms not yet ready will be listed along with the estimated dates they will be working.  The program is NEVER fully functional until late in January and since the IRS will not be processing any returns until 1/27 or later you have time to wait. 

See the charts here :

IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

·         State Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products

Good point, and YES, I AM aware that all of the forms are not yet finalized. I just didn't think that in this particular case it would import and reflect current year dates (that have even yet to occur) for service date inception incorrectly and then show the correct dates when the file is closed and reopened. This particular scenario keeps reoccurring, so I thought that it was quite odd. Strange anomaly, but thanks for letting us know that it should be corrected when all of the forms are finalized.

It is now April 17th, 2020, and I need Electronic Form 4562.  I have tried to update Turbo Tax Home and Business program as instructed and it will not update.  I have also tried to download the manual update, but it states that I do not have Turbotax 2019 on my computer and it will not install.

How can I get the software to update?  It won't update and I need Electronic Form 4562.

I am now at a standstill as this software will not update nor will it install the patch.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies