turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FRC1

Standard Mileage Deduction for Multi Member LLC

I have a business that was under a sole proprietorship LLC with 4 work trucks, and was taking the standard mileage deduction which I understand is acceptable.   January 1st I took on 2 partners (one was my brother in law, and one my wife) which changed the business to a multi member LLC.  We still have the same 4 work trucks.  I was wondering if it was possible to continue to take the standard mileage deduction on the 1065 return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Standard Mileage Deduction for Multi Member LLC

Taxes When Renting Out a Room in Your House
Any rent that you receive is taxable income.
However, you’ll be able to claim expenses and deductions when renting out a room that you could not claim before.
If you are planning to rent out a spare room in your house you’ll want to figure out the square footage of that room and what percentage it accounts for in your home.
If you have a 2,500 square foot home and the room you rent out is 500 square feet this would account for 20% of your square footage.
The fraction of the mortgage interest, utilities, or real estate taxes that is due to your roommate is one-fifth. These expenses are deductible as rental expenses on Schedule E. [source: H&R Block]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies