turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sch K-1 For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported. When will subsequent release date?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Sch K-1 For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported. When will subsequent release date?

@sjlocke wrote:

STMT means that you look at the Schedule K-1 Statement A when entering your information into your personal return to find the amount of QBI income.

Exactly! I suspect one of the problems with some users is that they either did not receive a statement or, alternatively, did receive a statement but tossed it perhaps because they did not believe it was relevant.

View solution in original post

30 Replies

The expected time frame for this release is sometime next week (circa February 5th).

jaitee
Returning Member

Any update on a release date?  

Thanks! 

jaitee
Returning Member

The new date is 2/12/20. 

However...Silly me, just realized if there is no VALUE in box 20, you can bypass this. 

My box 20 has "STMT" listed.  So, I just went back and unchecked that there was an actual value in that box & voila!  I was able to transmit my returns.  I'm not using a QBI deduction anyway, so it was pointless.  Too bad it took me 5 days to figure this out...hope it helps someone else.

SD99
Level 2

Box 20 on which form?  I'm so lost with this. 

@SD99 wrote:

Box 20 on which form?  I'm so lost with this. 

That would be Line (box) 20 with a "V" code on a K-1 (1065) that you receive from a partnership or multi-member LLC. If you have not received a K-1 with that code, you can ignore this issue.

SD99
Level 2

Thanks.  I'm filing K-1s for an S-Corp, getting same message.

@SD99 wrote:

Thanks.  I'm filing K-1s for an S-Corp, getting same message.

Yes, same issue with Line 17 (V code) on Schedule K-1 (1120-S).

STMT means that you look at the Schedule K-1 Statement A when entering your information into your personal return to find the amount of QBI income.

@sjlocke wrote:

Exactly! I suspect one of the problems with some users is that they either did not receive a statement or, alternatively, did receive a statement but tossed it perhaps because they did not believe it was relevant.

I am receiving this same error.  However, I do have the statement for box 20 with code V  attached to my K-1 and I entered the amounts that TurboTax prompted me for.  These included Section 179 expenses.  When can I expect the availability of an updated release of TurboTax so that I can continue filing my return?  Thank you. 

@SalManilla wrote:
When can I expect the availability of an updated release of TurboTax so that I can continue filing my return?  Thank you. 

That would probably be on 2/20/2020, when Form 8995-A is scheduled to be released in an update.

It is 02/20/20 and I am still getting the same message.

@smitch22 Try updating again. Form 8995-A has been finalized and release for use in TurboTax.

The message I am getting online is "Sch K-1 Wks-S Corporations (MY BUSINESS NAME): Activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses that may be individually limited. For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported. This will be enabled in a subsequent release."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies