turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LLC Member Profit Draws

I just went thru TT Business to input our bookeeping data from 2019. I did not see anywhere to list the member profit draws taken during the year. Did I miss something? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

LLC Member Profit Draws

According to TurboTaxDanielV:

They are reported in Box 16 with a code of D.  The distributions are tax-free to the shareholders provided they have enough basis in the S-corp to absorb the distributions.  (The distributions reduce shareholder basis in the corporation.)

LLC Member Profit Draws

In the event you are referring to cash or property distributed to members, that would be entered under Business Info>>Partner/Member Information for each member and would appear on Line 19 of the member's K-1.

Note that the previous answer is in reference to an S corporation income tax return (Form 1120-S), not a Form 1065 for a partnership, multi-member LLC, et al.

LLC Member Profit Draws

I just see the ability to declare the 50% / 50% ownership. I assume that whatever assets remain after deducting expenses is just equally applied to both of us. Thanks.

LLC Member Profit Draws

@srrobinson2 wrote:

I just see the ability to declare the 50% / 50% ownership. I assume that whatever assets remain after deducting expenses is just equally applied to both of us.

That is correct; you have income tax liability on your share of the net profits whether they are actually distributed or not. However, you can enter cash/property distributions for each partner in the program (see screenshot).

pc.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies