Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K-1 Code K,V

My K-1 l am having a hard time figuring out what number I use when I am trying to enter them into the my personal taxes about my 179 Sale.InkedIMG_2258 (002)_LI.jpgInkedIMG_2259 (002)_LI.jpg

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

K-1 Code K,V

Which numbers, exactly? You can use Step-by-Step Mode and simply follow the prompts. but it is typically more straightforward, as well as easier, to enter the information in Forms Mode (if you are using a desktop version of TurboTax).

sc.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

K-1 Code K,V

Which numbers, exactly? You can use Step-by-Step Mode and simply follow the prompts. but it is typically more straightforward, as well as easier, to enter the information in Forms Mode (if you are using a desktop version of TurboTax).

sc.png

K-1 Code K,V

It starts by asking to enter the amounts for box K so I entered 22,059 and for box V 8,831, not sure if that is right. Then it asks for expense of sale which I am not sure what to put in, then it asks for deprecation and deprecation AMT, which once again not sure what to put in, then 179 expense and expense disallowed.  I am trying to get these numbers to fill in what its asking for the number I received on my K-1 in the pictures I posted of it.

K-1 Code K,V

Do you think that i filled out the numbers correctly based on what was on my K-1 shown above.

InkedTurboTax_Print_Preview_08-21-2020T8.58.50.849_LI.jpg

K-1 Code K,V

I believe the figure you have in (e) belongs in (f); cost or basis.

K-1 Code K,V

So what goes in (e)

K-1 Code K,V

Selling expenses, if any, such as sales commissions, legal fees, escrow charges, et al.

K-1 Code K,V

Ok I was just entering what was listed on my K-1, sure do appreciate your help, as you can tell I am not very good at this section.

Code K
Disposition of Assets with Prior Section 179 Expense
Asset Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2014 Dodge Ram Tax Year(s) Passed
Through. . . . . 2014
Date Acquired. 9/29/2014
Date Sold. . . . . 7/04/2019
Sales Price. . . . 8,831.
Cost or other basis plus expense of sale.  . 22,059.
Depreciation allowed or allowable. .  . . 0.
Section 179 expense deduction previously reported . . 22,059.

K-1 Code K,V

I understand and, if the transaction involved only the sale of a vehicle then, most likely, there were no selling expenses (i.e., the cost/basis was just reported).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies