Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Inquiry1234
Returning Member

In Turbotax Business, I entered Code Z for line 20, but I am not getting the dialogue box stating "We need some information about your 199A income or loss screen".

I am trying to enter the Statement A - QBI Pass-through Entity Reporting that came with my K-1, which includes amount for W-2 Wages and UBIA of qualified property.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

In Turbotax Business, I entered Code Z for line 20, but I am not getting the dialogue box stating "We need some information about your 199A income or loss screen".

You have to enter the rest of the information in Forms Mode directly on the K-1.

Inquiry1234
Returning Member

So is the guidance about "We need some information about your 199A income or loss screen" outdated?

Also, in filling in the K-1 information, Turbotax asks if "Section B1 (Qualified Business Income Deduction)" of K-1 has an amount filled in.  There is no Section B1 in the Form K-1. Is this box intended to trigger the Form to complete the Statement A - QBI Pass-through entity reporting info?

I answered under the assumption that you were using TurboTax Business.

Exactly which product are you using?

Inquiry1234
Returning Member

Correct.  I am using the TurboTax Business software.

I should also have asked which type of return are you preparing. 

I do not get a prompt when entering a K-1 (1065) during the course of preparing a 1041, for example. Also, unless I make a distribution, Statement A does not appear to be generated.

Note that you can enter your figures directly on Statement A.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies