turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

susan41

I'm frustrated. In the past TT would import my expenses from last year's return for my self employment employment but now I can't even find the Schedule C.

Why did TT change its program?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I'm frustrated. In the past TT would import my expenses from last year's return for my self employment employment but now I can't even find the Schedule C.

Did you use the online version or the Desktop program last year for 2018?  Did anything transfer like your name and Personal Info? Maybe you started 2019 in a different account.

If basic info transferred then maybe last year you marked Schedule C as Final so it didn't transfer to 2019.  If you used the Desktop program you can fix that.

Girlztoo
Returning Member

I'm having a similar experience, I'm using win desktop for last year, and win desktop for this year - looks like everything BUT my business entries transferred in.  Is there a way to fix this?  I need my asset schedules, etc. 

I checked to make sure that I had not mistakenly marked the business as finished.  I did not.  Thx in advance for any insight you might have.  

If you used the Desktop program last year, see if you have another .tax2018 file on your computer.  

Or maybe last year you marked the Schedule C as FINAL in Turbo Tax?

Here's an idea.  Do you still have 2018 installed?  Try opening 2018 program and see if you can get your 2018 return to show up in it.  Go to FILE - OPEN.  And see if your schedule C is in it and if it's marked as finally disposed.  Or any Assets were disposed or sold.

Then save it again with a name and place you can find.  Go to File - Save As.  Then start a new 2019 return and transfer from the 2018 file.

That answer worked for this user - Thanks for the tip!  I did go back to the 2017 return and found a box checked that indicated the business on the sched C had been disposed of.  I unchecked the box, saved the 2017 file and re-imported.  All is good!  Thanks, again!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies