Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have suspended losses in and S corp which exceed my basis. What is the step by step process to post them on the 2020 return ? How do you keep track of the losses

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I have suspended losses in and S corp which exceed my basis. What is the step by step process to post them on the 2020 return ? How do you keep track of the losses

The program will prompt you for the information when you enter your K-1 (see screenshot).

Note that you need to keep track of your basis in the corporation outside of the program.

1.png

Hi tagteam, thanks for your prompt and helpful response!!

Follow up question. The same S corp will show a loss for 2020. My loss will be suspended. How do I make sure the loss posted on the k-1 for 2020 is not used against my 2020 income as I do not have enough basis in the stock to take the loss

Thx

@smudc1 

When it is presented, answer the at-risk question in the program accordingly.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies