turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't have a business and not self-employed, but there is a QBI deduction and I can't remove it. Any advice/suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a business and not self-employed, but there is a QBI deduction and I can't remove it. Any advice/suggestions?

did you receive a 1099-Div?  if so does it show an amount on line 5.  these are 199A dividends.   They are not QBI but Congress in its wisdom decided that these dividends would be a separate component of the 20% QBI deduction.   

Thanks, but I do not r4eceive anything but 1099R in 2018 My neck was broke, and I was already disable. now they show me as self employed????

Anonymous
Not applicable

there are multiple sources of 199A/QBI income

schedule B - REIT dividends

schedule C net income

schedule E rental income

schedule E income from a pass-thru entity

schedule F

if you have none of these it's likely somewhere along the line you entered something incorrectly. 

form 8995/8995A will show at least what type of income generated the 199A/QBI deduction

if there is still a problem you can't resolve you'll need to contact support.  they can view your return we can not

Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time (8-8 Eastern) Monday - Friday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies