Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

anaskvc

I can't enter my last name. it's more than 20 characters in length. But the 'last name' input box only allow to enter 20 characters.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
SherekaB

I can't enter my last name. it's more than 20 characters in length. But the 'last name' input box only allow to enter 20 characters.

Type as much of your name that you can fit and you will fine. The IRS only matches the first 5 characters of your last name to your social.

The turbo tax 2019 will not allow me to enter any of my last name in the last name box

!!!!!!!!

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

Just remove the final characters of your last name until it fits the acceptable format. 

It's alright if not all of the characters in your last name aren't included, since the IRS only uses the first few characters of the last name to match up with your SSN, verifying your identity.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies