turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to put paid fees, shipping, promotion fees when I sell on Mercari, eBay and Poshmark

I sell on eBay, posh mark and mercari. Do I need to put each description separate? In other words, eBay fees on one line, posh mark on one line and Mercari on one line. I would run out of lines. Next, I would put shipping separate or add all 3 and do one line entry? So, I guess my question do I do one entry add all the fees say for postage and put on one line and next all the shipping fees one line entry.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

How to put paid fees, shipping, promotion fees when I sell on Mercari, eBay and Poshmark

Yes.  If you are reporting all of your income and expenses from selling on those sites as a single Schedule C business, then you should combine all the 'like-kind' categories of expenses together and make a single entry.  For example, one entry for all shipping costs across all of the sites.

In your own records, you will have it separated out, but it does not have to be separated on your tax form.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Use one line for each type of fee you pay.  

Make sure the fees were not already deducted from the income you reported, to avoid double counting.

When you said to put each fees one line entry are you saying to add all shipping charges for eBay Mercari and Posh and put the total? Same for any other fees add all and do one entry? I understand make sure they have not been deducted from income.

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Yes.  If you are reporting all of your income and expenses from selling on those sites as a single Schedule C business, then you should combine all the 'like-kind' categories of expenses together and make a single entry.  For example, one entry for all shipping costs across all of the sites.

In your own records, you will have it separated out, but it does not have to be separated on your tax form.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies