turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

csingh650

How do I input that I have not received any stimulus payments? I followed the instruction to Search"stimulus" then jump to stimulus, but it did not give me input option.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

How do I input that I have not received any stimulus payments? I followed the instruction to Search"stimulus" then jump to stimulus, but it did not give me input option.

The Recovery Rebate Credit or Stimulus Payment questions will only appear if you are eligible for the credit based on the information you’ve provided in TurboTax.  To correctly calculate your recovery rebate credit and determine your eligibility, TurboTax will need your income, expense, credit, and deduction information in full.

If your income is above the thresholds (see below), or if you don’t qualify for other reasons, you won’t see the question at all. In that situation, since you aren’t eligible, you don’t need to enter any information about your stimulus payment and you don’t need to pay any of it back.   Also, it is possible that you may have received one or both of the stimulus payments and still not be eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit based on your Tax Year 2020 information in this year’s filing.   If someone else can claim you, you do not qualify for the stimulus payments.  

• Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien,
  • Have a valid Social Security number, and
  • You can’t have been claimed as a dependent on someone else’s 2020 tax return

In general, taxpayers without an eligible Social Security number are not eligible for the credit. However, married taxpayers filing jointly where one spouse has a Social Security number and one spouse does not, are eligible.    There are also AGI limits to receive the full amount of the credit. Your adjusted gross income (AGI) must be below,

• $75,000 for individuals
  • $112,500 for heads of household
  • $150,000 for married, joint filers
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

The Recovery Rebate Credit or Stimulus Payment questions will only appear if you are eligible for the credit based on the information you’ve provided in TurboTax.  To correctly calculate your recovery rebate credit and determine your eligibility, TurboTax will need your income, expense, credit, and deduction information in full.

If your income is above the thresholds (see below), or if you don’t qualify for other reasons, you won’t see the question at all. In that situation, since you aren’t eligible, you don’t need to enter any information about your stimulus payment and you don’t need to pay any of it back.   Also, it is possible that you may have received one or both of the stimulus payments and still not be eligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit based on your Tax Year 2020 information in this year’s filing.   If someone else can claim you, you do not qualify for the stimulus payments.  

• Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien,
  • Have a valid Social Security number, and
  • You can’t have been claimed as a dependent on someone else’s 2020 tax return

In general, taxpayers without an eligible Social Security number are not eligible for the credit. However, married taxpayers filing jointly where one spouse has a Social Security number and one spouse does not, are eligible.    There are also AGI limits to receive the full amount of the credit. Your adjusted gross income (AGI) must be below,

• $75,000 for individuals
  • $112,500 for heads of household
  • $150,000 for married, joint filers
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies