Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

averhage

Has anyone run into a problem where it says "1040/1040SR Wks: Line 11 is too large" but no matter what you do, you can't fix the problem?

I'm due a refund so the amount on line 10 of the worksheet is negative.  But it wants a value on line 11.  Line 11 won't accept negative values but inputting 0 or any positive value creates the "Line 11 is too large" problem.  So I can't get past this.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Has anyone run into a problem where it says "1040/1040SR Wks: Line 11 is too large" but no matter what you do, you can't fix the problem?

To get rid of the error, don't enter anything on line 11. When the error comes up, delete whatever is there and leave the box empty.

If line 10 of the worksheet is negative, you are not eligible to defer any of the Social Security portion of your self-employment tax.

averhage

Customer service got back to me and had me delete the worksheet.  That took care of it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies