turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone received their stimulus check after updating their direct deposit information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Has anyone received their stimulus check after updating their direct deposit information?

Once your updated information is submitted you should receive your stimulus payment within 5 business days. Keep in mind, this only applies to customers who received an email from TurboTax with the subject:  "CRITICAL STIMULUS UPDATE: Update Your Stimulus Payment Direct Deposit Information”

Reference Update your stimulus payment direct deposit information

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you have not received a check by 1/25 then just apply for the credit on the 2020 return ...

In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:

1. Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
  3. On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
  4. Follow the interview
  5. TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
  6. Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.
george-z
Returning Member

I am retired and only have SS - no additional income.  I did not receive the second stimulus check and put in on the 2020 tax return - with no payment due/no additional refund - only the stimulus credit.  Since I have an on-going installment payment for back taxes (automatic debit) I now got a refund status stating that it was put on my back taxes. The stimulus payments were stated (somewhere) to go directly to the individual regardless of amounts due to IRS.

What can I do - so that I can get the next payment?

I need the money - I am locked down in Europe.

Its is impossible to talk with anyone by telephone, and on-line I need a security code sent to my US cell phone - impossible here in Europe.

Please help.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Although the economic impact payment could only go to pay back child support, the Recovery Rebate Credit can be applied to back taxes or any other debts owed to other government agencies. 

For more information, see: Recovery Rebate Credit — Topic E: Receiving the Credit | Internal Revenue Service

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies