turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jegreen56
Returning Member

Can you help me import data from 2018 Quicken Home and Business aplication into TurboTax 2018.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Can you help me import data from 2018 Quicken Home and Business aplication into TurboTax 2018.

jegreen56
Returning Member

Capture.PNGThis is the message I get when I use the import data dialog. I have Quicken open with the file I want to import data from opened.

Carl
Level 15

I don't know if this matters for Quicken. But it does matter for Quickbooks. Be aware that Intuit sold Quicken to a 3rd party almost 10 years ago. So the instructions below apply to Quickbooks 2018. I have no clue if they apply to Quicken, since I stopped using that product when Intuit sold it.

Basically, with Quickbooks you have to give TurboTax "permission" to access it. Don't know if it's the same for Quicken or not. (Quicken is no longer supported by Intuit since they sold that product.) But here's the QB instructions in case they help.

- In QB Select EDIT - Preferences

- On the left select Integrated Applications.

- On the right select the Company Preferences tab

- Assuming you have attempted to import once already, you'll see TurboTax in the list. Click the box in the "allow" column to put a checkmark in it, then OK out of everything and exit the QB program entirely.

- Now restart the program and log in. That does it and you should be able to import into TurboTax from QB now.

Now, I have no clue if the above will help in any way with Quicken, since Quicken is an online produce while QuickBooks is a CD/Desktop product.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies