Yes, you will receive a 1099-R from Wells Fargo and just enter the information as listed.
Form 1099-R is used to report the distribution of retirement benefits such as pensions, annuities or other retirement plans. Variations of Form 1099-R include:
- Form CSA 1099R,
- Form CSF 1099R and
- Form RRB-1099-R.
Most public and private pension plans that are not part of the Civil Service system use the standard Form 1099-R. You should receive a copy of Form 1099-R, or some variation, if you received a distribution of $10 or more from your retirement plan.
If you have filed your tax return, you can Amend the return to correct the error. You can amend through TurboTax Free. However, you will need to wait until your original return has been processed and you have received your refund.
Beginning with the 2019 tax year, you can e-file amended tax returns. If you used TurboTax to prepare Form 1040-X, follow the software's instructions to e-file the amendment.
- Sign in to TurboTax.
- Scroll down to Your tax return & documents (you may need to select Show), select 2020 and then Amend (change) return.
- If you only see the option to amend 2019 or earlier, it's because you can't amend an unfiled 2020 return. Instead, just select Pick up where you left off, make your changes, and disregard the rest of these instructions.
- Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
- Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
- You can e-file your 2020 amended federal tax return, but most states require amendments to be printed and filed by mail.
- If e-filing, you’ll review, sign and transmit your federal return. If not, we'll give you instructions to print and mail your amended return.
Three weeks after mailing your amended return, you can start tracking it at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool. Please allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended return.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Still have questions?Make a post