turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BradASchreiber
Returning Member

California efile Form 568

Reposting this question because I have yet to get a direct and clear answer.

I filed my taxes (California LLC 2 members) and my 568 was not ready yet.  Apparently the efile 568 will be ready Feb 26th. I spoke to Turbo Tax phone support and they told me that Form 568 is not finalized yet. It will be final as of February 26.

However, my e-file return was sent, and accepted, as of yesterday. Had I known the form was not ready yet I would have waited.

The efile went through and was accepted by the state, but how can it be complete if my 568 is not ready yet?

So on February 26th I will be able to open the software and update, and then create a Form 568 for my records (something I cannot do yet)

My question is, how can my electronic filing be complete if the Form is not finalized? Do I have to go ahead an mail it in as well? How do I know it transmitted. When I opened the Form 568 on the Forms tab the Form says "Do Not File" on it in red letters.

I want to make sure that everything the state needs has been sent.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
BradASchreiber
Returning Member

I STILL do not have a clear answer on this. If I can't get a clear answer I will not be using Turbo Tax for future tax purposes. This is unacceptable.

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Once IRS finalizes a form, then the software developers have to update it in their software and file with IRS for Paper Print approval and E-file approval if it is a form that can be e-filed.

The CA Form 568 is only able to be paper printed and filed in TurboTax, not able to be e-filed.

Please close your return, update the TurboTax software and then re-open your return to verify the availability of the CA 568 for paper filing.

Here is a link to a site for Availability of TurboTax Forms in the software:

State Availability of TurboTax Forms

If you are still having difficulty, please contact product support for assistance.

BradASchreiber
Returning Member

If I indeed have to mail it in, why does my receipt from Turbo Tax say this? Its very confusing and I keep getting mixed messages. I am quite frustrated with this experience and will be looking into other methods next year unless I can get a clear, straight answer.

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.03.58 AM.png

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Yes, the CA 568 is now available for paper filing in TurboTax and the e-file version is not supported currently.

The 568 for the single member LLC is available in the individual return TurboTax, but the multi-member LLC form 568 is available in the TurboTax Business software.

CA FTB will give you an e-file waiver if your software does not support the e-filing of the form.

The CA 568 available in TurboTax Business is available for paper filing and e-filing according to the following chart:

State TurboTax Availability chart for TurboTax Business

TurboTax Forms Availability for all Versions including TurboTax Business but you have to select the version once you open it 

[Edited 03/03/2021|12:51 pm pst]

I know this is an old discussion. I just wanted to say that for my 2021 return I was finally  able to e-file my CA 568 form for my SMLLC using TT Home& Business.   Thank you for finally adding support for this! No trip to the post office for certified mail this year :-).  I received 2 acceptances from CA via email, one for my  personal return and one for the LLC return in case anyone was wondering  how you know if the e-file worked.

Thank you for this post, @garys_lucyl! This is good to know! I filed a waiver with FTB just in case.

I used TurboTax Home and Business and got an email that CA accepted my LLC filing. However, when I check the status on my TurboTax desktop, it says my 2021 CA return is pending. This could be for my personal return. Nonetheless, this is progress! Yeah, TurboTax finally! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies