turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Business Taxes 1065 Page 5 Profit Under Limited Partner not General Partner? How to change?

On page of the 1065 form. On Question two, in the individual (active) boxes, my profit should go under General partners but it is defaulting to Limited Partner, how do I change this?  Last year it was fine, I didnt do anything different so I am not sure what happened. issue taxes limited general.png

Same problem another user had: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/business-taxes/discussion/irs-form-1065-schedule-k-analyses-of-net...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Business Taxes 1065 Page 5 Profit Under Limited Partner not General Partner? How to change?

Unless you post the specific selections you made during the Step-by-Step interview, you might be better off contacting Support (link below) so you can work through the exact process together.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

there are two members

member 1 owns 100% of everything ex. profit, loss, etc. and is listed as a General member/ manager

member 2 owns 0% of everything and is listed a Limited partner

The profit is $446

i can't understand why in the world is in the Limited Partner slot

@pirate1122 wrote:

i can't understand why in the world is in the Limited Partner slot

Unusual setup, perhaps, but I still have been unable to reproduce your results.

After indicating that the entity is a limited partnership in the program, entering one general and one limited partner, the net still appears in the general partner slot.

Will it be a huge problem if I just leave it?

Semi Solution: The only way I have found so far is to go to Business Info > Introduction > Type of Partnership - Edit > choose U.S. General Partnership. Which of course is not a solution but it works. Maybe someone can figure out the solution based on this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies